In the day and age where you can watch the trailer for a film on your watch, there’s not a ton of need for a film’s poster. However, they are still a huge component of a film’s prerelease marketing campaign and when done correctly it can be an amazing addition to that plan, but when done incorrectly it can detract from the film and lose people their jobs. So, let’s take a look at the top 25 film posters of all-time!
25. Raiders of the Lost Ark
23. Jurassic Park Effectively Simple
22. The Thing: A Poster Better than the Movie Itself
21. American Beauty: How Do You Communicate Jail Bait on a Poster?
20. Moon: New, But Classic
19. Trainspotting a Classic Poster for a Classic Movie
18. Blade Runner, Of Course
17. Attack of the 50 Foot Woman!
16. The OG Batman is Almost as Iconic as the Film Itself
15. Kaiser Sose!
14. Gone With the Wind: A Top Poster for a Top Movie
13. Forbidden Planet: Amazing, Indeed!
12. The Exorcist: A Terrifying Poster for a Terrifying Movie!
11. Anatomy of a Murder: Gets Points for Being Different
10. Hello, Clarice!
9. Pulp Fiction: It’s the Attention to Detail With This One
8. Metropolis: Almost as Ahead of its Time as the Film Itself
7. A Clockwork Orange: Is There Any More Iconic?
6. Vertigo: A Poster that Nails the Feeling the Film Conveys
5. Star Wars: A New Hope Before It was Known as a New Hope
4. Jaws: Duh-Duh… Duh-Duh…. DUHDUHDUHDUHDUH…
2. Ghostbusters: Who You Gonna Call?
1. Back to the Future… Nothing Beats This